The Priorswood Community Centre has 3 rooms available to hire.
The main area of the Centre is suitable for a maximum of 30 people, the large interview room is suitable for a maximum of 8 people and the small interview room is suitable for a maximum of 4 people.
Please contact the Community Centre on 01823 353643 for our current hire charges. All room bookings are subject to the conditions below.
These conditions are intended to ensure that the centre remains equipped and in good condition for everyone in the community to use and enjoy.
1. The main room is suitable for a maximum of 30 people.
This number should be reduced by 2 for each pushchair or
wheelchair present. The large interview room is suitable for
a maximum of 8 people and the small interview room is
suitable for a maximum of 4 people.
2. All hirers are expected to vacate the premises by the time
agreed on their booking form.
3. The centre must be left clean and tidy.
4. Breakages must be reported and paid for.
5. No equipment, furniture or fittings may be removed. Any
such removal will be regarded as theft.
6. The hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought
by them to the premises and used there shall be safe, P.A.T.
tested, in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
7. The hirer must not bring highly flammable substances into
the centre. Flammable internal decorations must always be
kept away from lights and heaters.
8. The hirer may not bring in their own heating appliances.
9. Bookings for parties can be taken but must be approved by
the management committee.
10. There shall be no smoking on the premises.
11. No alcohol to be consumed on the premises without prior
agreement with the management committee.
12. Noise must be kept to reasonable levels out of
consideration for neighbouring businesses and people living above the centre.
13. North Taunton Partnership has the right to refuse a booking
if they believe its purpose conflicts with the principles of
equal opportunities or the welfare of the community.
14. We reserve the right to charge a 50% deposit.
15. Insurance must be provided by the hirer.
16. The hirer shall not use the centre for any purpose other than
that described in the hiring agreement. The hirer shall not
sub-hire, or use the centre or allow it to be used, for any
unlawful purpose. The hirer must not bring onto the
premises anything which may endanger the centre or
render invalid any insurance policies and must not allow the
consumption of alcohol.
17. There is a kitchen area but tea/coffee/milk is not provided.
18. All rubbish must be taken away with you.